MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Bug with Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello

Sorry for my poor english, i'm french.
I have upgrade my forum with 1.4 beta2 to test.

I have a bug with "Thread View Mode:"... i select in User CP "Linear", and i go to see a post, he is in "Threaded Mode"
If i want see with "Linear Mode", i must click for each post on "Linear Mode".

Test with Firefox / IE and account member / administrator / moderator

++
Xavatar
Just tested here and on my localhost and it works perfectly fine.
Yes, i know.
I test with a clean install of mybb 1.4 beta2 => it's ok, no problem.
When i upgrade with my forum 1.2.13 => i have this bug

I have 2 screens.
Ok, you have now officially confused me.

Please reexplain the bug and make sure you include exact replication instructions.
I think he means this:

1. He sets the mode to threaded
2. He goes to page 2
3. The page becomes linear mode again

I think this problem was in MyBB 1.2 (I've got a user who had mentioned this but I never got around to reporting it)

EDIT: I don't see this problem in this forum...but he said it happens when 1.2 was upgraded to 1.4.
Ok, i'm french so i try to explain the bug.

After upgrade my forum 1.2.13 to 1.4 beta2 :
1 => i see different post, they are in "Threaded Mode"
2 => i go "user cp", i click "Edit Options" and "Thread View Mode:" , i choose "Linear"
3 => i return see other post, and they are always in "Threaded Mode"

If i want see posts with "Linear Mode", i must click on the top of each post on "Linear Mode".
Each post and each page is always in "Threaded Mode" by default.

En francais :
Tous les posts sont en "Threaded Mode" par defaut.
Meme si je choisis dans "user cp" le mode "Linear", les posts continuent d'etre en "Threaded Mode" par defaut.
Donc je suis obligé de clicker sur "Linear Mode" une fois rentré dans le post pour les voir en mode "linear".
En gros, l'option "Linear" dan le "user cp" n'est pas pris en compte.
In your User CP, try selecting "Threaded mode", then go back to your posts - are they still in threaded mode or linear mode?
(2008-07-19, 07:17 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]In your User CP, try selecting "Threaded mode", then go back to your posts - are they still in threaded mode or linear mode?
In my User CP, i select "Threaded mode", i go back see post, they are in threaded mode.
I return in my User CP, i select "Linear mode", i go back see post, they are always in threaded mode.
Try reuploading the 1.4 files.
(2008-07-23, 04:18 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Try reuploading the 1.4 files.
Same bug...
I have find a way to soluce my bug :
Admin CP => Configuration => Show Thread Options => Usenet Style Thread View = No

And it's ok !!!
Pages: 1 2