MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can you fix?/Add?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't understand what you mean by internally..
Here is the plugin that does the tables: http://mods.mybboard.net/archive/view/mycode-pack

You can remove the MyCode(s) that you don't want if you like.
(2008-07-16, 05:25 AM)vbcrazy1 Wrote: [ -> ]Say i wanted to copy a table a nother site i would just beable to high light the table copy and paste in the reply box, then it would understand it. now currently it does not understand it so you got to write your html for the table and make sure that the forum allows html. it woujld be much better if this was done internally.
Ahh, copying & pasting tables is somewhat impossible due to browser limitations (do you know of any web application where it works?).

So I take it that you want <table> HTML to be parsed? If so, are you aware of the potential problems with this?
(2008-07-16, 08:23 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-07-16, 05:25 AM)vbcrazy1 Wrote: [ -> ]Say i wanted to copy a table a nother site i would just beable to high light the table copy and paste in the reply box, then it would understand it. now currently it does not understand it so you got to write your html for the table and make sure that the forum allows html. it woujld be much better if this was done internally.
Ahh, copying & pasting tables is somewhat impossible due to browser limitations (do you know of any web application where it works?).

So I take it that you want <table> HTML to be parsed? If so, are you aware of the potential problems with this?
No i am not aware of the problem. i don't see a problem seeing vb ipb and other forums have this future. Can you pleasse share the problem with me and why this will not work.

Thanks
(2008-07-16, 09:42 AM)vbcrazy1 Wrote: [ -> ]No i am not aware of the problem. i don't see a problem seeing vb ipb and other forums have this future. Can you pleasse share the problem with me and why this will not work.

Thanks
Those forum systems have a WYSIWYG editor, so pasting a copied table, may look like it's being formatted, but usually after you post, everything breaks.
At least, that's what it looks like here on vBulletin + Firefox 3.

Still, copy+pasting on a non WYSIWYG gives the same result, so I cannot see how it "works" on other forum systems.

Allowing HTML can usually allow users to post some unwanted stuff...
I have never had a table break on me using vb or ipb, and i am using exploror. also then would you beable to add WYSIWYG editor? and even if what you say is true what it breaks what harm is it in having the future added?

Thanks
vbcrazy1 Wrote:I have never had a table break on me using vb or ipb, and i am using exploror.
IE seems to paste the table fine in the editor, but after posting, it breaks here.

Here's an example on IE6:
Posting page:
[attachment=9863]
After posting message:
[attachment=9864]

vbcrazy1 Wrote:also then would you beable to add WYSIWYG editor?
At best, the next release of MyBB. There may be add-ons for WYSIWYG editors though.

vbcrazy1 Wrote:and even if what you say is true what it breaks what harm is it in having the future added?
This is only for allowing HTML, not if you have some custom bbCode (but even so, the bbCode would need to be very complex not to break the table).
(2008-07-16, 10:49 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]
vbcrazy1 Wrote:I have never had a table break on me using vb or ipb, and i am using exploror.
IE seems to paste the table fine in the editor, but after posting, it breaks here.

Here's an example on IE6:
Posting page:

After posting message:

vbcrazy1 Wrote:also then would you beable to add WYSIWYG editor?
At best, the next release of MyBB. There may be add-ons for WYSIWYG editors though.

vbcrazy1 Wrote:and even if what you say is true what it breaks what harm is it in having the future added?
This is only for allowing HTML, not if you have some custom bbCode (but even so, the bbCode would need to be very complex not to break the table).
Ok perfectSmile Thanks for clearing this upSmile
Pages: 1 2