MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.4 Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had 1.4 installed for about a week now and I'd like to give some feedback on it.

First of all I'm very impressed with the new Admin CP. I'm so glad it's gotten away from those frames that date back as far as I can remember. The new admin cp has taken sometime to get use to but over all I'm not having problems finding things.

The new smilies look great, very big improvement over the old ones.

The Templates & Style manager has come a long way since I started using MyBB. You guys have really made it a lot more easy to edit them.

AJAX usage - I use vBulletin and MyBB for my sites. I must say you have done far better with putting ajax in different areas. vBulletin always seems to hang when using ajax, I haven't ran into this problem with MyBB 1.2 or 1.4. Great job on this Smile.

Overall I'm very happy with MyBB 1.4. I've been using MyBB since RC4, that's a long time now. Over the years MyBB has really grown. With 1.2 I felt the project was really going forward but still didn't have everything I needed in a forum package and that's why I had vBulletin on some of my bigger sites. Now with 1.4 in beta and having tested it I feel MyBB has grown up to the point where I will end up converting most of my sites to 1.4 when its released. MyBB is where I like it. Support is great, features are being reviewed and added in a timely matter. Keep up the great work MyBB Team Smile.