MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The maximum server load limit has been reached....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The full message I get is:
Quote:The maximum server load limit has been reached. Please check back later once the server is less busy.

Everything was going along fine until I logged on to my forum as two different users, one from Firefox and one from IE6. The first user was able to log on successfully but the second one received the message above.

I've cleared cache/cookies etc. to no avail. My server certainly isn't overloaded as I'm the only one on it.

Any ideas?
Hi,

If you look down at the buttom right of your board when logged in as an admin, what does it say next to the "Server Load:" text?

Also, are you on a shared server, if so - please note that the load accounts for all users on that server (ie, if a user on the sharerd server was using an app that was using a alot of resources, other users on the server will be affected to).

You can disable the limit by following the steps below:

Admin CP > Board Settings > Change > "Server and Optimization Options" > Go > Find "*NIX Load Limiting" > either set the value a bit higher or enter 0 to disable the limit completely > Submit Changes.

Chris
Thanks Chris for the quick response, it seems to be working now. Though I think the problem was a modification I made that I changed around. Probably this amateur mechanic shouldn't be playing under the hood so much!