MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.4 my take.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2008-07-19, 08:41 PM)Ryan Ashbrook Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing I wanna touch on is the part about the postbit, mainly because Ryan G. commented on the rest.

HarryWx Wrote:Outside of that my beef is with the post bit in classic mode which honestly isnt classic because of the issues with longer nics etc that people use in their profile that shows in the postbit.

This has always been an issue, at least from what I remember.

If someone used an unnecessarily long username or their location (or whatever profile field was displayed) was extremely long it would stretch the postbit.

Before it would just push the whole page over a bit. But i never had the issue except a few times involving the Location profile field. Some like to spell out the whole town and state. I just went in and shortend it. With this new way all it takes a name like Zinga's or your own to mess it up. Makes the whole postbit/user column look messed up and stretches ( up and down ) the post of the longer nic and it is so obvious unlike before where you wouldnt notice unless you were really looking for it at the top of the thread. Just not very eye appealing at all.

How it looked. Note the Top nic. Longer then both yours or zinga's.
[attachment=9923]

Now here is current/new way.
[attachment=9924]

Current/New Way. A more extreme example.
[attachment=9925]
Harry, it was changed that way so it would prevent some of the distortion of the forum layouts. As said before, if you don't like it then your more then welcome to change it back, or simply use the horizontal layout which is default
(2008-07-19, 10:26 PM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]Harry, it was changed that way so it would prevent some of the distortion of the forum layouts. As said before, if you don't like it then your more then welcome to change it back, or simply use the horizontal layout which is default

Oh i know. Was just giving him a example. Smile

BTW What distortion? I never noticed it to be honest.
(2008-07-19, 10:29 PM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-07-19, 10:26 PM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]Harry, it was changed that way so it would prevent some of the distortion of the forum layouts. As said before, if you don't like it then your more then welcome to change it back, or simply use the horizontal layout which is default

Well 1) On some forums that have very specific layouts the old way would screw up the layout to the right of the posts and 2) It gets very annoying when all the posts stretch and you have to continually scroll back and forth. Imagine if we were running 1.2 and a person with a very long username came (like the max) and posted in this thread and you had on vertical mode. You would have to scroll a lot to read all of your paragraphs.
(2008-07-19, 10:52 PM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-07-19, 10:29 PM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]

Well 1) On some forums that have very specific layouts the old way would screw up the layout to the right of the posts and 2) It gets very annoying when all the posts stretch and you have to continually scroll back and forth. Imagine if we were running 1.2 and a person with a very long username came (like the max) and posted in this thread and you had on vertical mode. You would have to scroll a lot to read all of your paragraphs.

Ahh i see.

Guess that didnt bother me as much. Probably because i am use to it everywhere i normally go. As you already know my site is about the weather and ton's of images gets posted and they have stretched the page as you said. But usually it was only very large pics that caused the issue. or in a couple of cases had someone post thier pics/images from left to right. That i went in and edited. lol Never had it with the user nics though. Just the location.

Oh and no i havent had it on any of the themes i have done up or used. Well except a couple of vB type themes i tried out i think had the issue you were talking about? Unsure though because it didnt do it on all browsers as far as this goes and some had the issue on forum display. Intresting.
Pages: 1 2