MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: All DataBases Injected Help Please ASAP:( Dam:(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Guys i woke up to find out all my database were injected. All database were corrupted and i need to know what info was stolen?

I have database if a devleoper couold please take a looik and give me all the info you know would be great.

Also what does mysql injection do?

I need help bad.

Thanks
First of all were you running MyBB 1.4 beta or MyBB 1.2?
Second, how do you know if it was "injected?" By the sound of it one of your tables just got corrupted (which happens occasionally)
Third, there isn't a way to tell exactly what info was stolen, if any, if indeed out of all the people here, you got hacked.
Ok first of all datebase were olive. i was running beta and 1.2 i lost vb database i lost livechat database i lost every single thing.

Why it was me? got no freaking clue maybe because they wanted my company data.
If you lost everything then it doesn't sound like an issue with MyBB. You should contact your host and make sure they have all their programs updated on their server.
Can you please look into this? my servers are all updated so that is not the problem. I noticed one of the softwares i was using released a patch so somthing is up.

Thanks
(2008-07-17, 05:07 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]If you lost everything then it doesn't sound like an issue with MyBB. You should contact your host and make sure they have all their programs updated on their server.

Yep and nobody to my knowledge here has had the same happen to them. Could be a vB issue too and thus you may wanna check out the support forums there as well to see if anyone else has had the issue. If not then like Tikitiki said the problem is with your host/server. Good luck with it. Hope it all gets fixed for you.
(2008-07-17, 05:20 AM)vbcrazy1 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please look into this? my servers are all updated so that is not the problem. I noticed one of the softwares i was using released a patch so somthing is up.

Thanks

No, I'm not going to look into it. In case you haven't noticed this is the MyBB Community forums and you posted in the 'MyBB 1.4 General Discussion & Feedback' section and since you have yet to provide me any glimpse of proof what so ever that this is an issue with MyBB, I am going to stick with my previous suggestion of getting you to talk to your host first in order to track down the problem. That's their job, not mine. It only involves me if it involves MyBB, and someone needs to confirm that it is an issue with MyBB and provide helpful information regarding the problem first.
(2008-07-17, 05:25 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-07-17, 05:20 AM)vbcrazy1 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please look into this? my servers are all updated so that is not the problem. I noticed one of the softwares i was using released a patch so somthing is up.

Thanks

No, I'm not going to look into it. In case you haven't noticed this is the MyBB Community forums and you posted in the 'MyBB 1.4 General Discussion & Feedback' section and since you have yet to provide me any glimpse of proof what so ever that this is an issue with MyBB, I am going to stick with my previous suggestion of getting you to talk to your host first in order to track down the problem. That's their job, not mine. It only involves me if it involves MyBB, and someone needs to confirm that it is an issue with MyBB and provide helpful information regarding the problem first.
No problemSmile. I am the host and i know!!! i wouold have provided any info you need but na who cares now. If you can't take 2 seconds to find an error then i see no point in using mybb. Hell maybe i will take the time and do it my selfSmile

Thanks for your time, Bye.
HOW in the hell can you expect him or anyone else here on the mybb team to do that if you are not even sure where the problem is? I am 99.9% certain the same reply would be had anywhere else. Why should he or anyone else be expected to fix a problem that more then likely YOU caused and not the software? And if your the host and you KNOW then why are you even here expecting him or anyone else to come help clean up YOUR MESS that you made? Confused Sorry but thats wrong dude.
(2008-07-17, 05:39 AM)vbcrazy1 Wrote: [ -> ]If you can't take 2 seconds to find an error then i see no point in using mybb. Hell maybe i will take the time and do it my selfSmile

Thanks for your time, Bye.

The way you described the problem, it doesn't sound like a 2-second investigation would fix it. Unfortunately we don't have the resources to do a full-scale investigation, but if you find some evidence that it is an exploit of MyBB, then maybe we can go from there.

Once you've found something more specific, then please proceed to report it to our security tracker http://www.mybboard.net/contact (make sure you select the "Security Vulnerability" subject).

Thanks for your interest in MyBB.
Pages: 1 2