MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Estimated Bandwidth Usage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think the Estimated Bandwidth Usage is too high. In my board it says 1 TB, the Server statistics log a monthly traffic of about 3 GB und this is with the board and all images,...
Perhaps you should think of editing the calculation.
Are you referring to "Estimated Attachment Bandwidth Usage" in the AdminCP?

If so, replace your /admin/modules/tools/system_health.php with this one and tell me if it works.
Thanks.
The same function is also in the admin/modules/forum/attachments.php.
Now it says: "1,44 GB"
Is it for a month?
No, this is the total usage.

For example, if you have two attachments on your forum, the first one is 1MB in size, and the second one is 2.5MB.

If the first attachment has been downloaded 20 times, and the second one has been downloaded 50 times, then total bandwidth usage = 1*20 + 2.5*50 = 145MB.

This does not take time into consideration.
Does your number seem right-ish?
I don't know, but I could be right.
I noticed that the numbers on ?module=tools and ?module=forum/attachments&action=stats aren't exactly the same.
(2008-07-19, 11:14 AM)D-r-a-g-o-n Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know, but I could be right.
I noticed that the numbers on ?module=tools and ?module=forum/attachments&action=stats aren't exactly the same.

Obviously, because zinga changed the algorithm on the health page and not the attachments page...