MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database backup problem :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys, quoted from my website:
Quote:Sorry guys,
Today I upgraded the forums to MyBB 1.2.14.
Before, I made a backup of the forums of course. Selected all tables and downloaded.
Upgraded to MyBB 1.2.14, no problems except a few My Plaza problems.
I fixed all My Plaza problems but to get them working I needed to upload the old backup.
Well I made a new backup like before and uploaded the other one. (I had to delete all tables to do it..)
Then in the uploading log it said "1 table uploaded successfully". I opened the 2 backups and only one table was backed up.
My last backup is from march although my last my plaza backup is from today.
I already asked for help to my hoster, maybe they have a newer backup their servers and they help me.
Wish me luck and once more, I am sorry.

The main page is still working.

Does the upgrader make a backup of the database?
No it doesn't. We've warned you to take a backup of your forum in the release announcement, the MyBB Wiki upgrading article, and also right on the first page of the upgrader.
In case you haven't read what I posted.
I made a backup 2 times.
I selected the "Select All Tables" option.
All tables got highlighted. Clicked download and only the first table was downloaded the 2 times.
I only noticed that when I needed it
Did you make a backup with phpMyAdmin or MyBB ACP?
MyBB.
when I went to phpMyAdmin and went to export,I just needed to press Download but thought "It's not necessary, I already made a backup of the forums with MyBB".
Any errors at the bottom of your downloaded backup file?
nop, just the first table.

-- MyBB Database Backup
-- Generated: 19th July 2008 at 08:05
-- -------------------------------------

CREATE TABLE `mybb_adminlog` (
  `uid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `dateline` bigint(30) NOT NULL default '0',
  `scriptname` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
  `action` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
  `querystring` varchar(150) NOT NULL default '',
  `ipaddress` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
  KEY `scriptname` (`scriptname`,`action`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

EDIT:
I chose the file to be gzip'd but it's not even gzip'd and as you can see above, it's not the whole table, it is just the query to create it, not the contents. Something happened the 2 times I downloaded it.
that mean that the connect between your pc, and your server were disconnected while you download the file.. so the file didn't full downloaded
well INever have problems while connecting to my site. (neither to other sites)
AND I tried now phpmyadmin(not the forum database but the home page dat base) and it worked