MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: XMB Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First things first, Greetings all!

Secondly, I absolutely love this software! And I would love to "switch over".

Finally...

I have run a small gaming community for about 2 years, and my forum software is XMB 1.9.1 Nexus, now I know this has been posted on numerous forums (cause I've searched them all), but I have got to find a way to convert my XMB 1.9.1 Nexus forum, to something else (preferably MyBB).

I already know there is an XMB 1.5 or 1.6 database converter, but I have yet to find out if anyone has sucessfully converted an XMB db to any other forum db. So here's my questions:

Question #1
Does anyone have any "new" information or know of someone that has sucessfully converted XMB to MyBB (or any other forum software for that matter)

Question #2
Is there anyone here with the knowledge to convert my XMB db to MyBB, if so please contact me I have cash in my PayPal account Smile

My forum info = 533 topics / 5577 posts / 92 members

I don't need every single thing converted, mainly member info, posts, topics etc...I hope I don't sound to desperate, but I am!

Thank you for your time,

John
Funny you're using XMB. The head developer Chris Boulton was once a developer of XMB. When Chris left he fixed the bugs in XMB and called it DevBB whilst he got done coding MyBB. I'm sure it would be easy to convert your board to MyBB. I think someone may still have the DevBB to MyBB conversion script. It may take a little tweaking, but it may work.
No one will probubly code a converter till MyBB 1.0 comes out.
Then they should've earlier, seeing as rc4 has been out for 10 months.
Thanks for the replies! I've been contemplating changing forum software for about a year now, and I've just come to the point where I must get this done.

I need to move on with a more secure & easy to modify forum. I've installed a MyBB board to play around with, and so far it's exactly what I've been looking for.

Any help on the conversion would be greatly appreciated, and I don't mind tossing some cash to some one who can do this.

Smile
I believe an XMB converter will be developed after the next release of MyBB. I don't know if there are any third party converters currently in the making.
Like I said, Someone wrote a converter from DevBB to MyBB when the first version came out. I shouldn't be TOO hard to convert it to work with the current XMB and MyBB. Unfortunately I don't have a copy. I checked my backup cds from around that time and it looks like I didn't download it or whatever.
:o Guess what. I look at SVN and see an import directory Big Grin I go there and I see and index.php file and a boards folder Big Grin I go there and I see....... XMB Big Grin So Chris has already started making some type of converting system which should hopefully be completed after MyBB 1.0
Indeed it's planned and indeed XMB will most likely be the first official converter using the import system - Just because I feel users would like to move to MyBB from XMB quite easily Wink
k776 Wrote::o Guess what. I look at SVN and see an import directory Big Grin I go there and I see and index.php file and a boards folder Big Grin I go there and I see....... XMB Big Grin So Chris has already started making some type of converting system which should hopefully be completed after MyBB 1.0
Excellent. Thank you for all your good work Chris.

Wink
Pages: 1 2