MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Banner/logo On Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have a image to show the issue which is with IE 6. Note where the Search is.

[attachment=9926]

Oh and no this doesnt happen on the Homepage. Smile
Fix: Use Firefox. Toungue
He probably just has it so he can test things in it when he is web designing, i doubt he actually uses it.
This has been previously reported multiple times. I guess they're just ignoring the bug. No one uses IE6 anymore anyway. (accept for me. Stupid Microsoft won't let me upgrade. Sad)
(2008-07-23, 03:52 PM)rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]This has been previously reported multiple times. I guess they're just ignoring the bug. No one uses IE6 anymore anyway. (accept for me. Stupid Microsoft won't let me upgrade. Sad)

Strongly dissagree. Check out adminzone sometime. There is still ton's and tons of people using this browser for whatever reason. As mentioned before just over 50% of the visitors to my site still use it. I just think it looks bad on mybb that they cannot put up a logo that isnt all browser friendly when there is plenty of options that will. I would rather that NOT happen. Yeah it is sorta lame but i have seen a number of people who say they will not go near sites that refuse to be ALL browser friendly. Heck i wont use themes that have the ie 6 issue. This is the ONLY reasons i ever bring this up. As said before i have ie 6, 7, and FF.

Personally i hate it all especially Microsoft. A pain in the rear for me to make sure all my themes work for ALL browsers but i will continue to do so till the number of those still usiing IE 6 drops off down into the single digits. Remember IMAGE/LOOKS is everything and IMO on the same level as content. Thus i would rather NOT risk losing potential members etc to my site because of something that CAN be fixed. JMHO
I personally think trying to make minor fixes just for IE6 is a waste of time, i mean sure if your page looks absolutely stuffed in IE6 then you need to do something about it but i don't think the kind of people who use IE6 are the kind of person who wouldn't use a site just because something looks wrong.

I mean seriously, IE8 is about to be released (i tried the beta and i am not too impressed but anyway) so by then IE6 will be 2 versions old, anyone using it needs simply to update their browser, we don't try and support IE5 now do we?

When someone buys a new game or something and realize that they need an updated driver for their graphics card or even a better graphics card they don't blame the game and say it's unprofessional do they? It's not as if it costs anything to update, its just being lazy (and don't pull the whole "what if they don't have an internet connection" or whatever to update because why would they need to use a browser if they don't have the internet, i can't see any plausible reason why anyone would be unable to update to either a new version of internet explorer or Firefox or opera).
Well said _Tim. I dropped IE6 support for the most part. I've been coding lately where the style looks exactly the same in IE6, IE7, FF, Opera, and Safari. I believe it's the way the person codes. However, IE6 didn't support much CSS. Hence, a hover doesn't work and many others.
Best Regards.
(2008-07-24, 12:24 PM)rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]Well said _Tim. I dropped IE6 support for the most part. I've been coding lately where the style looks exactly the same in IE6, IE7, FF, Opera, and Safari. I believe it's the way the person codes. However, IE6 didn't support much CSS. Hence, a hover doesn't work and many others.
Best Regards.

Basically what i am saying and thus agree. That is great. However i dont have the hover problem? Huh
(2008-07-24, 08:28 PM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-07-24, 12:24 PM)rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]Well said _Tim. I dropped IE6 support for the most part. I've been coding lately where the style looks exactly the same in IE6, IE7, FF, Opera, and Safari. I believe it's the way the person codes. However, IE6 didn't support much CSS. Hence, a hover doesn't work and many others.
Best Regards.
Basically what i am saying and thus agree. That is great. However i dont have the hover problem? Huh

Try to hover over the comments in IE6 here:
http://grestul.com/demo/

The background color should change to a yellow, but it doesn't for me. You can also try to hover over the textfields which should change to a blue colored border.
(Btw, yes, I do know about the unaligned name & date in comments. They've been fixed in 1.2)
(2008-07-25, 04:40 AM)rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-07-24, 08:28 PM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]
Best Regards.

Try to hover over the comments in IE6 here:
http://grestul.com/demo/

The background color should change to a yellow, but it doesn't for me. You can also try to hover over the textfields which should change to a blue colored border.
(Btw, yes, I do know about the unaligned name & date in comments. They've been fixed in 1.2)

Yeah the same happens there for me as well BUT i have been at sites where IT DOES work. They however may have used a image instead to get around that?

On one of my sites i had a problem where a image showed fine in IE 6 and 7 But refused to show on my FF 2. UGH The whole thing grates on my nerves. Toungue