MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blank page in upgrade.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I put the new files, chmoded what had to be chmoded, and then I went to upgrade.php, but all I get is a blank page. I also removed the lock folder and chmoded the install folder to 777.
What's wrong? Now I don't know what to do, is there any chance that the forum gets effed up if I don't use the upgrade script now that I've put the new files?
send the files again. Maybe some of files were missed...
I'm having the same problem. I tried a couple of times.
When I navigate to the index.php in the install folder, I also get an error:

Warning: main(......(edited out)/testforum/admin/adminfunctions.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ..../testforum/install/index.php on line 22

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '......./testforum/admin/adminfunctions.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in ....../testforum/install/index.php on line 22

The problem here is, I see it refers to the admin folder while my admin folder has another name (also configured like that in config.php). If I rename my admin folder back to admin and configure admin again in config.php, I don't get above error anymore.
Although, upgrade.php still displays a blank page
My install/index.php and install/upgrade.php show the same blank page.
Make sure they are chmod 755 and try again.
No, that didn't work either.
A combination of what I have done:

1. Chmod settings.php and config.php to 777
2. Chmod install folder to 777
3. Chmod upgrade.php to 755/777
4. Remove lock file

nothing works, still a blank page. will this get in my way to upgrade to 1.4? is this upgrade necessary in order to install 1.4?
In install/upgrade.php, please find:
error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);
Replace with:
error_reporting(E_ALL);
See if anything comes up.

If still nothing, check your server error log.
Nothing comes up.
And I don't have access to the cpanel, just the FTP. I can't access the error log.
So, is this upgrade necessary if I want to use 1.4?

Oh,and I tried many combinations,I did as you said but I didn't delete the lock file. Do I have to? I tried without the lock file 2 days ago but the blank page was still there.
For the upgrader to work, you need to remove the lock file. The upgrader will not run with the lock file in place.