MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Godaddy for host?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do you guys recommend them and do you have any experience with them?
I've never used them before, but I haven't heard much good about them. I'd recommend you get yourself some Linux hosting with CPanel. From what I've heard, GoDaddy has a lot of quirks.

You can find web hosts here:
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/

BMR777
I havent used them either but I heard nightmares.
My current host, which is great, is ZoomCities. It's free, but you have to be part of the community. Which, I'm a pretty active person there so it's no problem for me.

As for GoDaddy, my friend uses them. He says they're reliable but they're very complex. If you're looking for simple hosting, get an account that uses cPanel.

If you're interested in ZoomCities, PM me for more information.
(2008-07-20, 07:37 PM)earthy Wrote: [ -> ]Do you guys recommend them and do you have any experience with them?

I had godaddy for 2 weeks before I couldn't use it anymore its one of the worst hosts ever their prices suck and you can't do anything with them really. I would recommend hostv for vps and dedi I have a dedi from there or cirtexhosting for shared.
I have used them, and their interface is horrible, though it seemed to have uptime., I recommend that you use a host with Direct Admin or cPanel. I would recommend Centicero, which has 3GB Web Space, and 30GB Bandwidth for $3 per month. Link is in my sig.

The other problem with GoDaddy is that they oversell, so you can't use all of the space and bandwidth they offer, as they will kick you off.
GoDaddy is good for domains but for hosting they're horrible.
(2008-07-21, 12:53 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]GoDaddy is good for domains but for hosting they're horrible.

Well said.
I had hosting with them for years and changed to another host 4 months ago. Nightmare, so I switched again to hostgator...another nightmare. I'm giving one more host a chance, but if they disappoint me, I'm going back with godaddy. They may have their problems, but their uptime is great, and they're working on the issues I had with them, such as small email storage. Definitely less trouble than the others I've been dealing with. I would recommend them over some of the other hosts that I've seen recommended here.
I would recommend my host which I’ve never seen have down time. They have lots of features, great storage space, and great bandwidth along with very good support that has always responded very quickly.
Interesting enough... They have more features & storage then GoDaddy and are half the price of their highest plan
Also as long as you renew your account on time or within a certain period of time they pay the domain costs.
Another thing i would like to note is that every year I have had them they have upgraded the features, storage space & bandwidth. I wouldn’t be surprised if they upgrade the storage space and bandwidth again this year.
They were also awarded best host of 07 & 08 by http://www.besthostsdirectory.com/
My host is www.siteground.com, if you decide to go with them I would greatly appreciate it if you used my referral link: http://www.siteground.com/index.htm?referrerid=13801
Pages: 1 2