MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Features and Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MyBB is one of my absolute favorite forum software. Thank you to everyone who worked on it, and thank you to those who have created plugins.

I would like to make some suggestions, and if everyone could reply with their support for those features that they like, maybe we can ask to get them incorporated in version 1.4.

Better Profile Pages

1) Ability for users to leave comments on people's pages.
2) Ability for users to have photo albums
3) Show buddy list on users profiles
4) Ability for users to create blogs linked from these pages

Photo Albums

From #2 Above, it would be great if not only was there a photo album, but the ability to watermark each image, would be just perfect.

Also, the ability for users to comment on people's photos.

Blogs

1) Ability for users to post to their blogs.
2) Ability for users to comment on others blogs

Random

1) Easier way for users to add buddies.
2) Ability for users to create and join social groups.
Probably absolutely none of that is ever going to be implemented into MyBB. We focus on being an actual bulletin board software, not a social networking site. If you want that, there are plenty of other alternatives available.
(2008-07-21, 02:20 AM)apa Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB is one of my absolute favorite forum software. Thank you to everyone who worked on it, and thank you to those who have created plugins.

I would like to make some suggestions, and if everyone could reply with their support for those features that they like, maybe we can ask to get them incorporated in version 1.4.

Better Profile Pages

1) Ability for users to leave comments on people's pages.
2) Ability for users to have photo albums
3) Show buddy list on users profiles
4) Ability for users to create blogs linked from these pages

Photo Albums

From #2 Above, it would be great if not only was there a photo album, but the ability to watermark each image, would be just perfect.

Also, the ability for users to comment on people's photos.

Blogs

1) Ability for users to post to their blogs.
2) Ability for users to comment on others blogs

Random

1) Easier way for users to add buddies.
2) Ability for users to create and join social groups.

Lol, MySpace.
some mybb coders have plan for making blog page to user as a plugin...
Apa Im with yeah on this 1Smile Come on guys if we get alot of users requesting some of these futues above like a more advanced profile, then maybe they will not turn their headsSmile

Thanks
Plugins to do these things would suffice. Tiki made it very clear in his post:
(2008-07-21, 02:22 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]Probably absolutely none of that is ever going to be implemented into MyBB. We focus on being an actual bulletin board software, not a social networking site. If you want that, there are plenty of other alternatives available.
(2008-07-21, 05:29 AM)grandmst20 Wrote: [ -> ]Plugins to do these things would suffice. Tiki made it very clear in his post:
[quote='Tikitiki' pid='227985' dateline='1216606958']
Probably absolutely none of that is ever going to be implemented into MyBB. We focus on being an actual bulletin board software, not a social networking site. If you want that, there are plenty of other alternatives available.
People do change their mindsSmile And somthing that should be added for sure is a quick text editor for the quick reply.

Thanks
(2008-07-21, 05:35 AM)Mellow Wrote: [ -> ]And somthing that should be added for sure is a quick text editor for the quick reply.
Thanks

That kind of ruins the point of a quick reply. If you going to add a bunch of bbcode to it well that kind of slows down the process of posting it.
(2008-07-21, 02:29 AM)pepotiger Wrote: [ -> ]it's working here, am using opendns too..

(2008-07-21, 12:48 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-07-21, 05:35 AM)Mellow Wrote: [ -> ]And somthing that should be added for sure is a quick text editor for the quick reply.
Thanks

That kind of ruins the point of a quick reply. If you going to add a bunch of bbcode to it well that kind of slows down the process of posting it.

(2008-07-21, 09:16 PM)shadow82x Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah thats pretty neat there should be a mod that allows that for myBB too imo. And for the next major release it should be implemented.

I also think this should be shown at the bottom as opposed to the top.

Totally agree. A big mistake that vb did.
(2008-07-21, 02:22 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]Probably absolutely none of that is ever going to be implemented into MyBB. We focus on being an actual bulletin board software, not a social networking site. If you want that, there are plenty of other alternatives available.

I understand, but you also need to realize that this is where everything is going toward. People want a place to call home. Forums are becoming a second "MySpace" where it's also a community. People are more interested in being part of a community where they can have these various features such as the profile pages.

Don't get me wrong, I love MyBB, but I also don't want it to get left behind. The wave is definately toward social media.
Pages: 1 2