MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is this a feature ? Users limited to a registered forum only ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

I would like to know is this feature exists.
Here is m needs :
- many forums (with child forums)
- users registered to on or more of theses forums
- users limited to the registered forums only ( and search feature limited to that or thoses forums)

Does it exists ? It's a kind of multi-forum, but the difference is my only major need is to have a user limited to a forum, while the whole website has a lot of forums.

If this wasn't clear, here is my use case :
- many forums, each dedicated to a city, and each forum with the same sub-forums
- having people registering to a forum of a city and browsing only that forum ans its sub-forums.

Regards,
Lolo
I'm guessing this is all one site. It's possible but not without a little extra work on someones side of things. This can be managed through groups easily. But you can either make it where you set their group manually (kind of like how current beta sign ups are right now). Or add in a group choice or something into the registration but this would require editing on your part.

Almost (if not everything) anything is possible if you willing to work(or pay Toungue)for it.
Hello

that's right. But it would require the possibility to create "on demand" new groups :

=> 1 forum should be visible to 1 group, and a visitor must select 1 group at registration step*.
=> 1 group = 1 city in my use case.

* But i didn't see where I could add thousands of groups in the admin : there is around 6 or 7 groups (from guest to admin)

regards
Okay, in MyBB 1.4 there is an "add group" feature Smile ... cool !
There was a new group feature in 1.2 Toungue.

glad you figured it out though.