MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can someone point me in the right direction please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all
I know first post and im asking questions sorry, but I could really do with some help. And there are a lot of clever people here that might be able to point me in the right direction.
I used to keep a site for a car club that I am a member of but the job was taken off me because someone had complained about a picture that was on there of myself with a drink in hand. (I was not driving that weekend btwAngry)

Anyway I have been asked to build another site somewhere else by the couple of hundred or so people that did like it and miss the photos. My problem is I would like to be able to update the site on a regular basis with old car related news articles and photos, in a headlines kind of way a bit like pistonheads dose with links in the headlines to the news articles and photos. I would also like to be able to add a new headline thingy and the old one to drop down like topics in a forum, until it finally falls off the page and goes to an archives page. Now I know this is a lot of work but im not asking for someone to talk me through it all I would just like someone to point me in the right direction, is it a php thing that could help me do this or an xml thingy or any other abbreviation I don’t know about that I could go and swat up on ?

Waiting with fingers crossed Shy
Thanks
jez
Could you perhaps be looking for a blog? Smile
Google for "Wordpress" and see if that is what you want.
I gave that a quick go but it was trying to do too much for me, like giving people the chance to comment on the articles.
but thank you for helping! :-)
You can disable commenting on everything or choose which articles. Wordpress has become very powerful yet still staying light compared to many CMSs. I wouldn't even consider it just a blog script anymore it's a full fledged CMS.

You aren't going to find anything that will do this exactly out the box. Everything will need a little configuration for what you want no matter how simple. You won't need any plugins just have change some settings.