MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A Better who is online/Whos browsing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I believe this is one area that can use some improvement. Talking who is online and who is browsing forum.

Currently the who is online will show what thread or forum etc someone is in BUT when you go to the forum of a thread being viewed the who is browsing forum does NOT show the user as i believe it should. Basically defeats the purpose of who is browsing the forum if it doesnt list all of those in the forum reading threads or looking at the forum display page. Especially hurts smaller sites because at times it may look like nobody is doing anything inside the forum when they go to it.

Plus it would be nice to get a who is browsing thread built into the core. This can be a very powerfull tool is used to it's max. Allows forum owners/admins to see who is intrested in what as far as discussions/content goes on your forums. And it helps with keeping a eye out for those who have some members who once in a while cant behave especially when certain subjects come up. Them seing a admin or and staff person browsing would probably help to cut down on the side crap a little. I know this because i have done it on forums which has the feature built in. This i believe is the last of what i would call the big moderating tools left to be included. Trash can forum would be the other.

Also i would place it at the BOTTOM of the forum display/post page not top. Can be a pain/eye sore for larger forums who have alot of people online. talking about having to scroll thru the who is browsing to get to the threads and or posts.
As you know I totally support this. Wink Its an excellent idea.