MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mods.mybboard.net Suggestion / Let updated plugins still be visible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love the MyBB Mods directory. It's easy to use and serves as a great platform to publish plugins.

I have one slight complaint though.

Every time a plugin is updated with a new file upload, the plugin goes into "awaiting activation" mode and disappears from the directory. Though it is a good idea to approve the new uploads before they are public, I think it would be nice if the plugin was still available publicly in the directory right after updating.

When the updated plugin is in the awaiting activation mode, the old download file should still be available for download while the new file is awaiting for approval. New plugin submissions obviously will be different from this.

I think this will solve the "plugin" downtime, especially when the plugins take awhile to be approved (6 hours+).
That's totally true, I would expect the system to work like that.
You mean that the old version is shown until the new version is approved?
(2008-07-22, 10:33 AM)Paretje Wrote: [ -> ]You mean that the old version is shown until the new version is approved?

Yup, that's what he's looking for. An excellent idea I think.