MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Skinz - Now Open
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Ugh.. The icons don't go with the rest of the theme, and I think it would look much nicer with rounded corners. It looks like someone puked Christmas all over it, from heat exhaustion. I just needs a bit of a color change, bro. :s
(2008-08-09, 04:49 AM)ahero4heor Wrote: [ -> ]Ugh.. The icons don't go with the rest of the theme, and I think it would look much nicer with rounded corners. It looks like someone puked Christmas all over it, from heat exhaustion. I just needs a bit of a color change, bro. :s

Jayzus that's a bit harsh mate, being honest. Let's see your designs, shall we?
Also, I did state earlier that "I will work on something" for the icons.
Very week theme for a site that is using the mybb theme subject. I would suggest making a unique theme. Changing the colors of the mybb default theme is never going to be unique.
(2008-08-10, 02:45 AM)incadudeF Wrote: [ -> ]Very week theme for a site that is using the mybb theme subject. I would suggest making a unique theme. Changing the colors of the mybb default theme is never going to be unique.

I did not change the colors of the MyBB Default Theme. I made this theme dude.
(2008-08-10, 02:52 AM)DanEthical Wrote: [ -> ]I did not change the colors of the MyBB Default Theme. I made this theme dude.

The theme I'm seeing is a "red" one, to me it also doesn't look that much different to the original MyBB theme, just the colours being different.
I made the theme by going to Admin >> Themes >> Create New Theme. I used the default templates. Now, if that's a crime or against the ethical standards of creating themes then I feel that feature is pointless.
(2008-08-10, 03:39 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-10, 02:52 AM)DanEthical Wrote: [ -> ]I did not change the colors of the MyBB Default Theme. I made this theme dude.

The theme I'm seeing is a "red" one, to me it also doesn't look that much different to the original MyBB theme, just the colours being different.

It wasnt a color change, the mybb default theme is more solid, the theme he is using now focuses more on gradients and "popping out" tcats.
(2008-08-10, 03:49 AM)Jaze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-10, 03:39 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]

It wasnt a color change, the mybb default theme is more solid, the theme he is using now focuses more on gradients and "popping out" tcats.

Thanks Jaze.
(2008-08-10, 03:45 AM)DanEthical Wrote: [ -> ]I made the theme by going to Admin >> Themes >> Create New Theme. I used the default templates. Now, if that's a crime or against the ethical standards of creating themes then I feel that feature is pointless.

Hey, no need to get upset with any comments in the thread, that's the whole idea of the threads in this forum. Smile

The whole point of my reply and the reply above, is trying to put accross the fact that your forum is a "skin" forum for MyBB (maybe other forums too), yet the "skin" you're using as the default skin, looks just like the original MyBB skin, just different colours.....Not exactly an original skin! Of course, in your mind it may be something totally different to what I'm talking about, I'm just giving an opinion here. If you look around at other "skin" forums, they do have "default" skins that look totally different to the original MyBB skin.
LOL I'm not getting upset bud. I tend to put that vibe out without realizing it. Sorry. Big Grin
But I understand what you mean. I am not great at Graphic design and, although I think round corners etc are preferred by many, it is not something I am into myself.
I am currently up the walls with setting up and deploying servers etc at the moment but will be working on a new theme there shortly.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5