MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.4 Intergration with Homepage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey everyone, So there is so much choice between free forum software now, and i need some software to rely and stick with!!!!
And as a large deal of my site will reply with integration with the forum, will it be easy enough/flexable integration with 1.4?
If so could somebody post some examples of how this could be done that would be ausom.

Thanks.
yes i think its very easy to do that.

i have done it for my site.
www.unramped.com Smile

you have to change header and footer only Smile
if you do wrong no need to worry just revert the template and you will get original one back Smile
There is a tutorial for 1.2. probably, it is same for 1.4 ...
ok ausom =]

Just waiting game then; til tis released haha =p
So now that 1.4 is out for the world, how does this intergration go?
Depends on on what kind of integration you mean. If you just want it to fit into the site, then all you need to do is change the header and footer, use and IFRAME or use a custom theme. Integration to me means making MyBB including the posts and logins part of the site, so here's what I did so far: http://mercx.exofire.net
(2008-07-22, 01:38 PM)unramped Wrote: [ -> ]yes i think its very easy to do that.

i have done it for my site.
www.unramped.com Smile

you have to change header and footer only Smile
if you do wrong no need to worry just revert the template and you will get original one back Smile

Could you help me do that with my site? Cause all the demos dont work.
There is a plugin for it I think
A plugin?
Im looking for some PHP that lets me use the same login system at mybboard, so on my homepage it could say if your logged in or not, else showing a login dialog!

I would also need to be able to use the user info from the user table, so that if i created part of my site that links to a logged in person i can =]
It kind of depends on how much integrating you want. If you need barebones stuff, as in just the classes and sessions and all that, I've found that this code works:

<?php
// Place the name of the directory of your forum in the quotes below.
$forum_dir = "mybb";

define("IN_MYBB", 1);
define("MYBB_ROOT", dirname(__FILE__)."/".$forum_dir."/");
define("NO_PLUGINS", true);

require_once(MYBB_ROOT."inc/init.php");
?>

This will not start the session, so I have that and this code in a global.php file as well as some "key" stuff from the forum's global.php file that would be needed to run. Stuff like checking if the user is banned, is the user is a moderator, loading the language, and the task system, just to name a few.

Of course, if you want some other form of integration, look to the portal.php file. That is designed to be moved to other directories in the server, and should fit your needs, no matter what they are.
Pages: 1 2 3