MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom integration with e107, Joomla, or MemHT?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings!

I stumbled upon myBB completely by accident, and this is BY FAR the best forum software I've ever seen. It just beats anything I've ever used! I instantly loved everything about it, so much that I'm willing to change my CMS front end and rebuild it around myBB.

I'm very savvy with PHP/MySQL, but some of these systems are just plain overwhelming. I've tried doing a search for plugins for Joomla, e107, etc. to integrate with MyBB, but there doesn't seem to be any out there (unless I'm just not seeing them)

So my question is to the experienced MyBB users/devs out there: Under the principal of "Path of least resistance" which CMS would you recommend as being the easiest to integrate with MyBB? I'd like to stay with e107, but I'm willing to change to another one as long as it's safe & secure.

I've pretty much given up hope on finding a plugin for this job, and I've resigned myself to custom coding, but I don't have a clue where to even begin on this. I don't fully understand e107 yet, but if someone here has any ideas or advice or can at least start me off in the right direction, I'd REALLY appreciate it!!

Who knows, maybe if this works well, I'll come up with a bridge for MyBB and whatever platform I end up using.

Hey, thanks in advance, and I hope to hear back from someone soon Big Grin
I know there's a bridge for MKPortal, but I haven't heard of bridges for the others.
There was a bridge being developed for joomla. I don't know how far it went though as it's a bridge for multiple forum scripts.

http://www.jfusion.org/

memht has a built in forum so I don't think there are bridges for any forum scripts on that one. Then e107 also has a forum plugin so I don't think anyone has even thought of a bridge for that.

Then as Dennis mention there is MKPortal.
There are just bridged between Joomla and MKPortal and not sure about e107. There are not many people interested on doing them I think
Well, I tried MKPortal, I've been using it since Dennis pointed me to it (thank you VERY much, by the way, Dennis!) and I love the software. It works well, it integrated nicely, and they're working on an update for MyBB 1.4!

I HIGHLY recommend MKPortal!
what is joomla? i am a dumb newbie. please answer.