MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Main Forum Background
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hiii

Im a total Novice too any Bulleting Board System but i was told Its as good as some pay Forums. I managed too install with ease but configuring too my individual needs has been harded. I know how too change Forum Logo. But i would like too know how too change the background.
I looked at one thread which tried too help. But i wouldlike a simple step by step guide. I wish too change the background too a Custom image.
What do i have too do too change this.
Please Simple Help Only
Thanks In Advance
Provisionally
Hi,

First off all, i'd like to thank you for selecting MyBB Smile.

To change the background image, please follow the steps below:

Open the Admin CP (by appending "admin" to the end of your forum url) > Login > On the left hand navigation find the box labeled "themes" > In that box, click "Modify/Delete" > On the right hand side, there will be a list of themes currently "installed" on your forum > Click "Go" beside the theme you want to change the background image of > You will then be presented by various options for your theme > Scroll down until you find the box that is called "Body (Customized in this style)" > In that box, you will see a text box that has the word "background" beside it > from there you can set the background image you want for your forum:

For example, you can put the following in it:

#FFFFFF url(/path/to/your/image/bg.png);

Changing /path/to/your/image/bg.png to the location were your custom background image is on your server.

Once you are done, click "Save Changes" that is located at the buttom of the "Body (Customized in this style)" section to save the changes you made.

Below is a screenshot of the section I am talking about:

[Image: image.JPG]
Well Done Your A Credit Too Your Company I suspect it must be annoying reicieving all these How to? When you do it all the time. Even after experimenting and reading guides i still have many more questions would it be advisable too make a new thread or continuing too put my questions on this thread for one of the support staff like you too accept and help me?

Thanks

Provisionally
If they are different questions please put them in a separate thread.