MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can you please Release beta 5?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

Can you please Release beta 5? this will help use from finding bugs that have oready been fixed and i would like to patch some of these manger bugs i have on my board.

Thanks
It has already been stated in the beta download topic that the Beta 4 will be the final release before MyBB 1.4 goes final. Smile

BMR777
Really! I can't wait now. Only a little longer till we get the almighty 1.4!
(2008-07-23, 05:53 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Really! I can't wait now. Only a little longer till we get the almighty 1.4!

Too bad the bug reports forum is really booming right now. Wink
Quote:Too bad the bug reports forum is really booming right now.

Well, actually, for a brief period it was stated that Beta 3 would also be the final release, then came Beta 4. I think Beta 4 will be the final release assuming a title wave of bugs doesn't swamp the dev team.

BMR777
(2008-07-23, 02:28 PM)BMR777 Wrote: [ -> ]It has already been stated in the beta download topic that the Beta 4 will be the final release before MyBB 1.4 goes final. Smile

BMR777
Yes i know that but they said the same thing about beta 3. if they go ahead and release final then that will be the stupidest thing they could have ever done. The best thing to do is to release betas until it is stable, and most of the major bugs are fixed. as we can see that the beta 4 as alot of errors still so i think it would be best for them to release a nother beta.

My 2 cents,

Thanks
(2008-07-23, 07:45 PM)Mellow Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-07-23, 02:28 PM)BMR777 Wrote: [ -> ]It has already been stated in the beta download topic that the Beta 4 will be the final release before MyBB 1.4 goes final. Smile

BMR777
Yes i know that but they said the same thing about beta 3. if they go ahead and release final then that will be the stupidest thing they could have ever done. The best thing to do is to release betas until it is stable, and most of the major bugs are fixed. as we can see that the beta 4 as alot of errors still so i think it would be best for them to release a nother beta.

My 2 cents,

Thanks

Thing is to my knowledge NONE of the bugs found are MAJOR. My beta test forum works just fine. Thus it would NOT be stupid at all to release Gold WITH the fixes.
(2008-07-23, 10:05 PM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]

BMR777

My 2 cents,

Thanks

Thing is to my knowledge NONE of the bugs found are MAJOR. My beta test forum works just fine. Thus it would NOT be stupid at all to release Gold WITH the fixes.
Please take a good look at the bugs that were just fixed in the last few days and you will see that some were major bugs.

Example: Being able to del super admin from cpanel very bad.

People want to see the final bad but you got to think, would you sooner have the final error free or not?

Thanks
(2008-07-23, 11:00 PM)Mellow Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-07-23, 10:05 PM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]

BMR777

My 2 cents,

Thanks

Please take a good look at the bugs that were just fixed in the last few days and you will see that some were major bugs.

Example: Being able to del super admin from cpanel very bad.

People want to see the final bad but you got to think, would you sooner have the final error free or not?

Thanks

Thats only MAJOR if you have people with access to ACP who are trouble/not trust worthy and i would like to think any good admin wouldnt do that. Thus it is not a huge exploit and nor does it break your forum. Basically a simple fix is involved.

In the end no software comes completly bug free. Always gonna find something. In either case that is what updates are for. Which if one was needed then it would be 1.4.1 i do believe.
i agree the last beta is really stable, there are no major bugs left anymore, so release it Smile its great.

regards cHarOn
Pages: 1 2 3