MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Most efficient storage of CSS and Theme data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running V 1.4, and have a quick (if not stupid) question. What causes the least load on the server; Storing CSS and Theme data in MySQL or in the file system. Our board has been pegging the NIX limits and I am looking for ways to optimize it a bit more.

Thanks in advance for any info....
I havent noticed a noticeable difference in speed to be honest. I'm sure it may be more efficient to store it in the database although im not quite sure. Its very easy to edit in the admin panel regardless. Smile
Thanks for the follow up.

I also would think the database would be more efficient, but MySQL on our server runs a little hot sometimes, as it drives numerous systems on multiple sites. I did just switch it via the Admin panel, and we'll see if it makes any difference. I was just curious if anyone had clocked this or knew which was easiest on the server.
It's more efficient to store it in the filesystem, as the details don't need to be dynamically pulled from the MySQL DB.

BTW, are you on shared hosting? Because NIX loads don't really mean much on shared hosts.
No, it is a dedicated machine. It appears that running CSS in the files has definitely dropped the server load.