MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Purge Themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to ask if there will be an option to purge all themes and to delete all templates, except the additional global templates when you upgrade from 1.2.x to MyBB 1.4. It's because I don't know if it's a good idea to update the themes: even the Default MyBB theme and templates has some error's, so I would like to have a fresh themes table like with the upgrade MyBB 1.1.x -> 1.2.

The UserCP of the fresh MyBB 1.4 theme:
[attachment=9970]

The UserCP after an upgrade MyBB 1.2.14 (or maybe 1.2.13, but that was in the list ...) -> MyBB 1.4:
[attachment=9971]

Thread view of it:
[attachment=9972]
When there is no default function to do this, I'll make a update function which updates a theme without you have to delete it first.
(2008-08-02, 02:18 PM)Paretje Wrote: [ -> ]When there is no default function to do this, I'll make a update function which updates a theme without you have to delete it first.

awesome news. thank you paretje Big Grin
You can import the MyBB default theme located in the package at install/resources/mybb_theme.xml.
Same prob as I, try reverting that template Smile It solved that issue for me anyhow. Good Luck
(2008-08-03, 09:04 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]You can import the MyBB default theme located in the package at install/resources/mybb_theme.xml.

That is what my script will do, truncate the themes and templatesets and themestylesheets. The templates table can be cleaned up of all the templates except the globals, or when you select to, it can be truncated, too.
Oke, when you want to do this:
1. Upgrade to MyBB 1.4
2. Upload this files:[attachment=10122]
3. Go to the purge.php file out of your browser (http://www.yourforum.be/purge.php)
4. Afterwards, delete purge.php and the install directory (because of security reasons)

ALERT!
There is an updated version with some bugfixes and by default compatible with MyBB 1.4.1 here:
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-341...#pid241765
So, don't use this version anymore Wink
Thx a lot, it helped a lot Smile
Thanks Paretje, I´m trying this right now

The other alternative to this is manually revert all templates I think..

@DennisTT there is a problem when importing this xml default theme from install folder:
Quote:The following errors were encountered:

* The theme specified already exists. Please enter a new name for this theme.

But I´ve deleted Default Theme before tried to import

UpDATED _ Thanks Paretje it worked perfect here Smile

Wow, this looks nice. So... what this script does is: take all the current (upgraded) theme to MyBB 1.4 default theme (configs, etc..) ?
It deletes all themes, and installs a fresh MyBB 1.4 theme Wink
Pages: 1 2