MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with Portal Announcement Width
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So this is what my portal looks like when I have announcements:

[Image: bah.JPG]

www.mx5atlanta.com/index.php

I've tried messing around with all sorts of combinations in the portal/portal announcement part of the template. But to no success, my skills are definitely lacking.

I have the body set to a width of 1000pixels in the theme and it shows up fine in the forum in both browsers:

www.mx5atlanta.com

I noticed that when I messed with one of the width's in the theme settings it reduced the sizes on the portal but it also messed up the forum's appearance. So really. I'm just asking for some help on how to make that bloody announcement thinner!!

Thanks in advance, I've been searching these forums as a guest and finding all my answers up until now.

Jack
I think it may have to do with the size of the image in this post.

http://www.mx5atlanta.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=30

That's just a guess though. Maybe try making it a thumbnail and see if that fixes it.
Well damn I resized the picture and it worked. But why?? I thought the purpose of the scrolling code was to allow big pictures to be contained within the post box.
I don't know it kind of expanded the post to the point where the scroll bars were useless so I just thought that might be it.
Figured it out! That portal scroll stuff I pasted from my searches was only for height! Not width! God I feel stupid after spending 4 or so hours messing around with things.