MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: why absent new thread button?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i add new message. i see new reply button, but not new thread button.
i choose add second auther new message with direct new thread button.
new reply and new thread buttons as well as available to old version (1.2.x).
why absent new thread button old message to version 1.4?
thanx.
I was thinking about this myself too. But than realized the thread rating was placed where the old "New Thread" was. If the New Thread image was there things would look messy.
It was removed for cleanliness, I believe. It's only a simple template edit away from being added back if you'd like it on your forum.
(2008-07-24, 02:43 AM)Justin S. Wrote: [ -> ]It was removed for cleanliness, I believe. It's only a simple template edit away from being added back if you'd like it on your forum.

Looking at one of those who has countless times pressed the new Thread button instead of new Reply when replying to a thread. Thus i am not missing this button in thread.
I only used that button any forum once in a great while.

Plus I hated when I clicked it by accident and didn't realize till i was done typing my reply.

I like the change personally.
How often do you read a thread and then decide that you instantly need to post your own thread? Wink
If it is related to the thread you're currently reading, all you need to do is hit reply.