MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Horse World Forum - Rates Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Horse World Forum - Rates Please
Can I have some rates on my forum and portal please.
http://horseworldforum.co.uk/
Thank You Heart
Looks good, though the image size of your header (609.58 kB) is quite large. Took a while to load on my fast connection. For people on slow connections it will be even worse. Apart from that though, nice site Smile
(2008-07-25, 11:25 AM)Darren Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good, though the image size of your header (609.58 kB) is quite large. Took a while to load on my fast connection. For people on slow connections it will be even worse. Apart from that though, nice site Smile
Thanks for the advice.
The header image loads alright for me Undecided
Quote:The header image loads alright for me

Probably because it may be in your browser cache/temp files. It loads slow here too, and may put off potential new Members.
Nice portal.
(2008-07-26, 02:50 PM)SLB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-07-25, 11:25 AM)Darren Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good, though the image size of your header (609.58 kB) is quite large. Took a while to load on my fast connection. For people on slow connections it will be even worse. Apart from that though, nice site Smile
Thanks for the advice.
The header image loads alright for me Undecided
Its not that much of a big deal really. Since once its loaded once it loads from the browsers cache just fine.
I think your header image is too large ... not just the filesize, but the size of the image as well. So much wasted space.
I like the horse as well as your site
(2008-07-27, 08:08 PM)Tamer Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I think your header image is too large ... not just the filesize, but the size of the image as well. So much wasted space.
How is it wasted?
A header is supposed to go at the top of the page, I have nothing else to put there.
Plus it looks nice.

(2008-07-29, 06:23 AM)Vilice Wrote: [ -> ]I like the horse as well as your site
Thank You.
It is wasted because when the page loads, most of the page is taken up by a giant superfluous image of horses. It is too large and prohibits content from being displayed.
Here, I did a comparison of my forum vs. your forum. The red space represents wasted space, and the green space represents utilized space.

[Image: sizecomparison1.jpg]
[Image: sizecomparison2.jpg]

Your image takes up too much space that could be used to display content. Obviously a representative image is necessary to give your website some personality; however, yours is just too large ...