MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My forums behaved wierd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Recently, I found a wierd behaviour of my forum.

I cannot login and logout suddenly! I remembered 100% that I am not modifiying any codes, installing any plugins or what so ever. And I don't know it randomly logged me in if I visit my forum.

When I make a post, it doesn't appear. Untill I click refresh in my browser, then it will appear. Also, my pages loaded really quick but it doesn't display an updated page, but if I click refresh, it will.

I'm tired pressing refresh to see new contents or changes. The last thing I do is installing Joomla in my webhost's root directory (my forum is located on a subdirectory called "forums").

Is this a server side problem or my fault? If it is my fault, can you give me instructions how to fix it? Thanks
it's may your browser cache issue.
and for the loggin problem try to check your cookies settings
Admin CP --> Board Settings --> Change --> Server & Optimization Options -- try changing the "Send No Cache Headers" setting to enabled.
I already clear my cookie, cache, and all other privacy data. I also already disabled browser caching capacity. And to the forums, the setting is already disabled by default.

Now, I can login and logout, but everytime I do, I need to refresh the page, so I logged in or logged out, wierd! (even when I already disabled the browser caching capability)

And more thing, this thing (caching problem) happens in both FireFox (3.01) and IE. I don't modify any settings with those browser and it used to work without disabling caching.

Edit : This thing is happened after a few days I move to another hosting. At few first days, it was fine, but afterwards it become like this

and the last thing I do is setting up nameserver at www.co.cc
[attachment=10006]
[attachment=10007]

maybe it's because of this?? But my blog works as usual (wordpress)
(2008-07-26, 01:48 AM)ivantoar Wrote: [ -> ]And to the forums, the setting is already disabled by default.

I asked you to enable it. Please give it a try.

Also, post your board URL.
Sorry, my bad. Anyway, already try enable it, and it doesn't work.

Anyway, my board URL is ivantoar.woeps.com/forums
do I need to give you user with administrative account to check the problem?
check that you dont have a firewall software or other software blocking cookies as i have this the other day Big Grin
I only have Kaspersky Internet Security. And I have it long time before this error happened and I am not changing any security settings. Oh yeah, the forum caching is already fixed, but unfortunately the ACP doesn't. I need to refresh many times at ACP to see changed settings and others
so, the ACP (as I knew) it's not force cache, or even use your froum cache settings..
so am sure it's issue with your browser.. would you try with a new profile in FF if you use FF,
or try to restore you IE defualt settings if you use IE
I already create a new profile with all default options (except I increase cache storage from 50 MB to 150 MB), then reset IE's default setting too. But the ACP still caching it and never load updated page untill I refresh it.
Pages: 1 2