MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: is there any way to make hoteditor works with mybb 1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know, that the HotEditor have possibility to work in MyBB 1.4.x but I'm not sure how.
I attempted to port HotEditor to 1.4. It shows up fine where it should, but if I try to post using "New Thread" or "Quick Reply" methods, it always says 'message missing'. New Reply will post fine only if there is no formatting, and everything gets lost when switching between the textarea and WYSIWYG editor. 'onSubmit="return get_hoteditor_data();"' doesn't seem to be doing the trick Sad Quick edit, however, works just fine Smile
Yay! I finally have it working. The only problem is that for some reason, I can't get the 'size' BBCode to work at all. I've tried everything--if you type the 'size' tags in manually, it works fine, but if you use the size drop-down, you get "message missing". However, everything else seems to work fine, and I have a working WYSIWYG editor for 1.4. I'm also working on a way to revert to the original text box if JavaScript is disabled.
(2008-08-12, 10:19 PM)GG-Xtreme Wrote: [ -> ]Yay! I finally have it working. The only problem is that for some reason, I can't get the 'size' BBCode to work at all. I've tried everything--if you type the 'size' tags in manually, it works fine, but if you use the size drop-down, you get "message missing". However, everything else seems to work fine, and I have a working WYSIWYG editor for 1.4. I'm also working on a way to revert to the original text box if JavaScript is disabled.

i tried every thing to make it work .. please tell me how to make it work ???
never mind size problem ... 99 % working is better than nothing
hi,

Installed but it doesn't work.The only page where i actually see an editor is the signature edit all of the others pages do not show the editor and yeah i did the template edits 4 times and on the default theme hmmm what's next ? also the ajax stuff says "loading" forever ten minutes later it's still showing that ...
Edit: See next post
Thanks GG-Xtreme
(2008-08-13, 08:55 PM)Erikbe Wrote: [ -> ]hi,

Installed but it doesn't work.The only page where i actually see an editor is the signature edit all of the others pages do not show the editor and yeah i did the template edits 4 times and on the default theme hmmm what's next ? also the ajax stuff says "loading" forever ten minutes later it's still showing that ...

I checked out your site, sent a PM and posted a thread, and everything worked fine. Try clearing your cache, as the editor gets cached and I have to Ctrl+F5 to see changes to it on my site.
but it is not loading the text area , in signatures it is working but when i try making new thread it doesnt , ,

it shows mssg title but no text area,

here is my test forum
www.pakvisions.com/urdu
I am attempting to register on your site, please activate the user "GG-Xtreme".
Ok, well looking at the signature page, the line breaks in the editor section of the template are missing (in other words, everything is on one line causing comments to break the rest of the code), and I imagine this is causing the problems with the newthread.php as well. Try pasting the template modifications from the text file using a different text editor than notepad, such as Wordpad, or make sure View>Word wrap is turned off when viewing the file. Once the templates have been fixed up, it should work properly.
Update: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-35860.html
Pages: 1 2 3