MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom User Fields
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

finally managed to activate wi-fi from the camping at the beach in the netherlands Smile

I have two versions of mybb1.4 installed. 1.4 beta 2 on xampplite with mysql 4xx and php4xx and one mybb 1.4 beta 4 with the geman language pack on the newest xampp.

With 1.4 beta 4 the description of the custom user fields don't show up, when choosing to change the profile. Furthermore the value of the field doesn't show up correctly. With 1.4 beta 2 all showed up correctly.

I searched half the night what could be the cause, but couldn't find out what it could be.
So... HELP... Toungue
Reproduction instructions?
What do you want me to reproduce? I have the newest xampp, installed beta4, installed the german 1.4 language pack, added a custom field, suddenly wondered where the description is, noticed that not even the mybb custom fields had the descriptions showing, checked under xampplite and beta2/3 , all ok. I can't figure out why this could happen?
The datanase structure didn't change, the code I could think off that handles the profile showing didn't change. Don't know. Could it be an incopatibility with php or mysql?

Have you checked the custom field here?
Screenshots would be nice for them so they know exactly where you are looking for the description. Perhaps a screen of an older beta where it does show up, then a screenshot of beta 4 where it isn't showing up but should be in the same place.
Right, I don't even really know where your talking about. User CP? Admin CP? Mod CP? It sounds like the User CP but I need to be sure before I take my time to debug your problem.

When I say reproduction steps I mean I need to be able to reproduce it and I'm not going to try and guess how to reproduce it. I need something like:

1) I installed the board
2) I went in the ACP and added a custom profile field called "x" with a description of "y" and with options a, b, and c
3) I went to my User CP and y didn't show up, when however it did in Beta XX

And here is a screenshot to help out in the Admin CP of Custom Profile field and here is another screenshot of the Edit Profile page in the User CP
Sorry it took so long.

I don't know what a step by step should be of any help, as I didn't do anything special, simply added one custom user field, but I made some screenshots to clarify things.

[attachment=10023]
added a custom profile field
[attachment=10024]
I'm still in the admin cp, showing a profile
[attachment=10025]
The added custom profile field shows up with description but with the wrong value, should be '<0>
[attachment=10026]
Now I am in the User Cp, editing the profile, you see no description AND wrong value
[attachment=10027]
Still in the User CP, but this time only showing the profile, correct value!

Hope this helps.
Hi,

I don't believe descriptions for custom profile fields are shown in the Edit Profile page and I don't believe it has ever been a feature. You may have made a modification to make it show up, but it was never in MyBB
OMG, what a terrible mistake I made, I was so persuaded it was so in the beta 2 and even when checking I had this impression, please forgive me....

BUT!! it sure is a missing feature (there is no reason for not showing the description) and I think it's a bug not to show the correct value like when I view the profile.

And no, I certainly didn't change anything... yet Smile

I still have to test mybb1.4 to see if it fits, because I will have to make some additions or let them do by someone firm with mybb, but I will be ready to pay for them, too.

Edit: I hate this wifi connection here ....
oh yes,lots of nice ideas there Smile

But IMHO the wrong values displayed when Editing the profile is still a bug and not a missing feature.
But I will post both in the ideas board Wink