MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Will MyBB drop support for IE6?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi guys, I was wondering if you'll drop support for IE6 when IE8 is released. (The MyBB site doesn't look to pretty in IE8, nor does my site and a plethora of others).
Best Regards.
It just depends on how large of the population of people are still using IE6.
(2008-07-26, 10:08 PM)rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, I was wondering if you'll drop support for IE6 when IE8 is released. (The MyBB site doesn't look to pretty in IE8, nor does my site and a plethora of others).
Best Regards.

Is that because IE8 or mybb and your sites? I bet it's IE8 but I don't feel like downloading it find out.Toungue
IE8 beta sucks (has the final been released yet?) i had a whole heap of problems and it didn't pass Acid2. If anyone cares i posted my full IE8 experience here: http://b-asil.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487
(2008-07-27, 04:50 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-07-26, 10:08 PM)rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, I was wondering if you'll drop support for IE6 when IE8 is released. (The MyBB site doesn't look to pretty in IE8, nor does my site and a plethora of others).
Best Regards.

Is that because IE8 or mybb and your sites? I bet it's IE8 but I don't feel like downloading it find out.Toungue

It's IE8. If they didn't create another stupid css parser I would have been happy. Major sites even look like trash because of trash (ie 8). Well you get what you download; you download trash, you get trash. Big Grin
Well if it's that bad I love how MS added this into the features page.

Quote:Compatibility for existing sites

Internet Explorer 8 includes a more standards-compatible layout engine by default, which allows developers to build a single standards compatible website for multiple browsers. Internet Explorer 8 Developer Beta uses the Internet Explorer 8 standard mode layout engine by default. However, by clicking on the emulate Internet Explorer 7 button, users can choose when they use the strict mode, which supports the Internet Explorer 7 compatible layout engine to retain compatibility with existing sites.
Toungue
(2008-07-27, 05:32 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Well if it's that bad I love how MS added this into the features page.

Quote:Compatibility for existing sites

Internet Explorer 8 includes a more standards-compatible layout engine by default, which allows developers to build a single standards compatible website for multiple browsers. Internet Explorer 8 Developer Beta uses the Internet Explorer 8 standard mode layout engine by default. However, by clicking on the emulate Internet Explorer 7 button, users can choose when they use the strict mode, which supports the Internet Explorer 7 compatible layout engine to retain compatibility with existing sites.
Toungue

I beg to differ:
IE8:
[attachment=10035]
IE7, FF2,FF3, others:
[attachment=10036]
IE8:
[attachment=10037]
[attachment=10038]
Even more:
IE8:
[attachment=10039]
[attachment=10040]
[attachment=10041]
Ah, More MyBB:
IE8:
[attachment=10044]
How about the last one:
http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/2756/...119yg1.jpg

I have Steve Ballmers email, I'll just send him one heck of a mail. Toungue
Don't give up on IE 8 just yet. It's in beta just like MyBB 1.4, and we've gone through several betas before even reaching the stability we have now.
(2008-07-27, 06:50 PM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]Don't give up on IE 8 just yet. It's in beta just like MyBB 1.4, and we've gone through several betas before even reaching the stability we have now.

You're absolutely right. I just hope it will be like a normal browser, I just hope. Btw, I thought I was only allowed to post 5 images per post. Does it apply to attachments too?
Exactly its still in beta. I think IE 8 is going to be a big step in the right direction for Microsoft. I sure hope so anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3