MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please Fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I was wondering if this could be fixed before the 1.4 comes out.

Allow admins/mods the right to leave feilds blank. When making a user in the back end the admin should have the RIGHT to leave a feild blank. Now the reason for that is because we are admins we should be allowed to leave it blank if we want correct?

If this can be changed would be great.

Also it is in the ideas area and people are voting on the change also.

Thanks guys.
Well what could you need to leave blank that isn't a big deal? I mean MyBB only requires you fill in a few things with are all essential in my mind.
Well for example the email feild.
The email field is a required and essential field.
(2008-07-27, 05:35 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]The email field is a required and essential field.
Yes i know. But admins should not need to be forced to fill in these details. if you look at vb it does not force you, that is 1 reason why i like it. it gives you the privillage to leave feilds blank.
You can always just use a bogus e-mail if you don't like the idea of using your real one.
(2008-07-27, 05:51 AM)Mellow Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-07-27, 05:35 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]The email field is a required and essential field.
Yes i know. But admins should not need to be forced to fill in these details. if you look at vb it does not force you, that is 1 reason why i like it. it gives you the privillage to leave feilds blank.

Just because vBulletin does it, does not make it a good reason.
This is definitely not possible for the 1.4 release. You can suggest it at http://ideas.mybboard.net

Honestly I think a lot of work needs to be done to make this work (email functions that grab email addresses from the users database will need to check if each user has a valid email address before sending the email out). I think this effort could be put elsewhere in MyBB, but hey that's just me.
Also, we need the email address for the merge system to check whether or not we can merge accounts properly.