MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reinstalling with a specific backups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, since I get too many errors and mistakes (maybe myself), I am planning to reinstall MyBB. But my forum already in "growing" phrase. So, I need to backup users and posts only. And the rest about themes, settings, etc. I don't care bacause I want to reset these settings and files back without losing users and posts. Is it possible?

If it is, can you show me the way step by step please? Thanks.
Go to AdminCP => Database Tools => Backup Database
Select all tables from tables selection. Select Download from Save Backup section. And download backup to your pc.
Are you sure selecting all tables? I only want to save members and post.
You should select some additional tables too. If you want to reinstall forum with existing database, selecting all of the tables is the best way for me.
Just backup everything to be safe, and then just revert everything and change settings when you reinstall it.
OK thank you. How can I revert all settings to default anyway?
Hang on, in your first post you said: "since I get too many errors and mistakes"... do you mean there's errors in the templates?? I.e. you've changed the HTML and it's messed things up?? Because you can revert those in the ACP, no need to reinstall MyBB at all.