MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, this problem could go in a number of places, but I figured I would start here. I had installed a theme. Then I had installed 2 different plugins. The Welcome Message, and the PJIRC. Everything works fine on the the theme that I installed. However, when I installed more themes, the link to the chat page will not show up, nor will the welcome message. While digging around to figure out why, I found the template files for these two plugins. Both under the Global category. I find no reason that these two "global" templates wouldn't be appearing, but yet no matter what I do, these templates will not provide the functionality that they should.

Any ideas?
What happens is when you install a plugin like the Welcome Message plugin, it makes changes to themes you have installed. Then, when you add more themes, the changes from the plugin aren't applied to those themes, as the plugin has already been activated, and has already changed themes. One way to fix it is to deactivate the plugin and reactivated it, but you would lose that plugin's settings.
(2008-07-27, 12:37 PM)LegosJedi Wrote: [ -> ]What happens is when you install a plugin like the Welcome Message plugin, it makes changes to themes you have installed. Then, when you add more themes, the changes from the plugin aren't applied to those themes, as the plugin has already been activated, and has already changed themes. One way to fix it is to deactivate the plugin and reactivated it, but you would lose that plugin's settings.

Yes, except that I have tried that and it didn't work, which leaves me to believe that it didn't really modify the theme itself. These plugins install a Global Template which is supposed to be applied no matter what. So why is it that these aren't seeming to work?
Nevermind, it decided to start working, though now the very first theme installed has everything twice...

Even thats ok, because I'll be deleting that one.