MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Font Name/Size/Color fields too long, smilies not clickable in IE [RESOLVED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone!

Ok I've done plenty of searches for this and I haven't found anything useful yet, so I'm posting. I'm completely stumped as to why this is happening, but it's happening. 2 Problems:

1. When the "My Code" is enabled in editor options in User CP, the smilies are there, and they work in FF, but in IE you can't click them. They click just fine with FF, however. I checked security settings in IE, and it's not that.

2. When I'm signed on in IE, I see a very basic text editor. When I'm in FireFox, I see an advanced editor (Tiny MCE like?) but the three dropdown boxes for font choices (name, size, color) shoot off the right side of the screen.

MyBB ver. 1.2.14
WAMP Machine, all up to date.
Integrated with MKPortal

Oh yeah, and I already replaced all my JScript files too... didn't work.

Site URL: www.hauntedparanormal.com/beta

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm stumped!

Thanks~!
Have you added any plugins? Does it also do this in the default theme?
Plugins: phpbb Conversion login password plugin, and the updated mycode plugin (which I had hoped would correct the problem).

Still happening in default theme: Yes

Also, just to be on the safe side, I downloaded MyBB again and replaced newreply.php and newthread.php. It had no impact at all, BUT I did notice that "newthread.php" was last updated on 7/10/2008.. Just in case there's a bug in the new file, at least you have a lead to follow now.

EDIT: WOAH!! I just figured out WHY the font boxes are so damn long! I They're listing java functions as list items! I've included a screen cap so you can see (or better yet, just hit my forums with firefox and you'll see for yourself)

EDIT AGAIN: Ok, I found this thread: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-267...+functions
I applied those edits, and it DID fix the font size/listing functions problem (thank you eprom!) However, it did not fix the problem of that fancy editor showing up in IE, or smilies not being clickable in IE. (Smilies are perfectly clickable in FF)

EDIT AGAIN: FINALLY! After making those edits and clearing the cache in IE, everything seems to work just fine now Smile I'll edit this as resolved, unless it breaks again. Thanks!