MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RC4 - Post showing up as someone else's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello....

Got two things.. First one with the RC4.
I had just a user complain that his post showed up on the board as by someone else. These two people have really nothing in common and are definitely not sharing a computer...at the moment they are even on two different continents. Smile

I checked everything including the dbase in the posts-table and sure enough...this post had the UID and username of the second person but the IP-address of the first.

Clueless on how that could happen....anyone hazard a guess.

I already fixed it now by manually changing the values in the dbase but should it happen again I would like to know where it is going wrong.

The second thing is in regards to PR2 here...

I might be wrong but wasn't this here
[attachment=1117]

supposed to be changed so multiple pages were to be shown something like [1, 2, 3 ... 6] or even [1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6]

Cheers,
Kimmo
Kimmo Wrote:I had just a user complain that his post showed up on the board as by someone else. These two people have really nothing in common and are definitely not sharing a computer...at the moment they are even on two different continents. Smile

I checked everything including the dbase in the posts-table and sure enough...this post had the UID and username of the second person but the IP-address of the first.

Clueless on how that could happen....anyone hazard a guess.

Actually, I had this problem several months ago. However, I don't remember how to fix it or if it's fixed in the next version of MyBB...