MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom-CP,User Profile Bug!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Before you move me out, read on first.

In picture one I had the language changed to english. All showed up in english.
From the custom profile fields only the one with the checkboxes had the correct vaues.
The one with the radio buttons (same as with seletbox) didn't show anything.
[attachment=10046]
So, when I press the button to save the changes two things happened.

First, the laguage reverted back to german.
Second, I got an error message, stating I must fill out the radio button field.
[attachment=10047]

For me this is an annoying bug, what's your opinion? As I strongly rely on custom profile fields it's very crucial for me that this works.
You must select one of the options on the radio field since you made it a required field.
That's not the point. The checkboxes show the the correct values, the radiobuttons and selectboxes don't. It's a simple matter of adding the checked or selected Tag appropriately IMO.

I don't want the users to guess what they choose the last time.

Edit: ok, it's not the tags, they are set correctly, better, they would be set correctly if they would pass.

Edit2: Ok, I found the reason of the misbehaving, my values are interpreted as tags (<5, <4 and so on and >4, >5)
That's the reason.
Use &lt; for < and &gt; for >
(2008-07-27, 11:37 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]Use &lt; for < and &gt; for >

It seems that use &lt; and &gt; won't decode correctly.
And the radio box only get correctly selected only
when use only letters.

e.g.
subversion
gif

and if include chars such as < and >
it allowed to selected and save but won't showed correctly.
Even edit it and delete the < and >

But I need some more testing !
I have a solution, what do you think?

In the usercp.php I changed if($val == $userfield ) to if($val == htmlentities($userfield))

Now it works. But maybe it would be better not to convert to html code but do it the other way, convert html code to normal syntax?
Why is it that bug reports are just moved over to here and that's it?
Do we have a different understanding of what bugs are?
Strange.....
Yes, bugs that are MyBB bugs go into the MyBB Bug Reports forum, otherwise they either get marked as bogus or duplicate, or they get moved here depending on the bug report.
So what's happening now? Description readable for users yes or no? < > in custom profile fields are going to be fixed yes or no? I don't really know what you are going to do about those problems?
(2008-07-31, 12:47 AM)Preludian Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really know what you are going to do about those problems?

They're not my problems, because we allow html in profile fields so admins can customize it, so anything that uses < or > needs to use it's html entity equivalent if you want it to work. In this case &lt; or &gt;
Pages: 1 2