MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Akismet problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just received a message on another forum that one of my members was banned for no reason by himself.

It seems this was the result of the akismet plugin since it's the only one that autobans if spam is posted. No other plugin has the ability to autoban so that's why I am pretty sure it was the Akismet plugin.

Well the strange thing is the member was banned supposedly because he kept editing his post to add new information, the post itself wasn't spam.

The post in question that a member was banned for is here:

http://www.xtemu.com/forum/some-info-on-...ml#pid2097

As you can see nothing is spammish about it. For now I have disabled the Akismet plugin and decided to report the issue.
You'll have to contact Tikitiki on this one it was his plugin. It's also a default plugin in 1.4.

Although it could also be Akismet it self(I don't know how the plugin works really as I've never used it).
I had issues with the plugin as well. I had to uninstall it for 1.2x as it seemed to be causing problems.
(2008-07-28, 08:36 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I had issues with the plugin as well. I had to uninstall it for 1.2x as it seemed to be causing problems.

Those problems were fixed in later versions and also in 1.4. Guess nobody cares to check my thread for updates anymore Sad
Sorry my friend. I have a lot going on. I will give your plugin another try when I go 1.4. I really don't have much problems with mybb and bot spam though.
(2008-07-28, 11:58 PM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-07-28, 08:36 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I had issues with the plugin as well. I had to uninstall it for 1.2x as it seemed to be causing problems.

Those problems were fixed in later versions and also in 1.4. Guess nobody cares to check my thread for updates anymore Sad

I read the 1.4 updates threads, but my issue pertained to Akismet on Mybb 1.2.14. Has there been a new release that fixed this yet for Mybb 1.2.x series?

If so I didn't know, the version of Akismet I have is back from June.