MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is this a feature or a bug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Try as I might, I couldn't add another post to the end of a thread where I was the last poster. It insisted on appending my new post to the end of my last one. Is this a feature? See http://community.mybboard.net/thread-342...#pid229722 (BTW, I tried several times including logging in/out)

The downside of this is that it might tell you when the post was last edited but if I add yet another post, the last edited time will show the timestamp from the most recent edit and the exact time date when I added my original further thoughts (the following day) will be lost.

So, please confirm whether this is expected MyBB behaviour. It seems odd to me.

Thanks

David
Hi,

I believe that was the result of the automatic merge feature of MyBB 1.4 [Note: The MyBB Community Forums are running the 1.4 beta], it will do this if you double posted within a short amount of time.

Chris.
(2008-07-28, 12:37 PM)Chris Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I believe that was the result of the automatic merge feature of MyBB 1.4 [Note: The MyBB Community Forums are running the 1.4 beta], it will do this if you double posted within a short amount of time.

Chris.
It depends what you mean by a "short amount of time" - it was 13 hours in this case. This might be some kind of a feature for posts made by the same person within minutes of each other but to lose detailed information on new additions to a thread some hours later would not be desirable IMHO.

David
I believe the auto-merge time here is set to 24 hours. You can lower the time on your own boards.
Can I turn it off altogether? To me, it's a good reason not to upgrade.
(2008-07-29, 08:26 AM)SteelD Wrote: [ -> ]Can I turn it off altogether? To me, it's a good reason not to upgrade.
Of course! Smile