MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My mass mail is queued always?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This is really useful information, thanks all! Smile
Hiya!

I'm also having the same symptoms, but how does one setup a cron job in Windows? (XP).
I am running myBB 1.4 within XAMPP.

Any help, greatly appreciated! Smile
My mail is still not getting delivered. I set the Mass Mail task to run every 2 minutes and now the Mass Mail just sits at "Delivering (0%)" forever. This is using the PHP mail() function, and yes I tried the test script and it worked, and no there are no errors in my System mail log, and no it is not a problem with my host. MyBB will not send any sort of emails from my site using either method, and using any SMTP server just gives the error "The mail server does not understand the MAIL FROM command". I have yet to hear a solution for this.
Does your host support PHP mail?
(2008-08-14, 11:54 PM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]Does your host support PHP mail?

Yes, because I followed the directions of a MyBB team member and uploaded a test script, and I sent a whole bunch of emails just fine with it. And like I said, the SMTP method doesn't work either.
MyBB 1.4 *STILL* does not deliver mail for me, wether it's set to PHP Mail or SMTP Mail.

"Does your host allow PHP Mail?"
Yes, it does. Because *I'M* my host. I host my website on my own server.

MyBB 1.2 natively uses PHP Mail, and that works.
I've also used SMF and e107, both of which support PHP Mail and SMTP, and both methods work fine on both software.

This problem is definitely related to MyBB 1.4's code, and the dev team are yet to discover it.
my mails won't send too Dodgy

I went away and had that auto subscribe thing and people complained, so I sent an mass email before I went and well it didn't send
I tried this: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-355...#pid237546 It didn't fix the inability to send mail using the PHP mail() function. I haven't tested this with an SMTP server yet.
Edit: It doesn't work, all it does is get rid of the 'MAIL FROM' error, and it keeps saying that the mail was 'Delivered', but nobody is getting any email. I've tried my host's SMTP server, the Gmail SMTP server and the PHP mail function.
Hi All, I got the "Unknown Sender" problem too! Is it have a solution already?

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-343...#pid230202
I am totally new to this, and am in the same boat, i've put all the correct settings as far as i know for Gmail SMTP into the email settings tab, and have had 3 test messages in the Queued state for 3 days now... (set to send immediately)

please any help would be great, or an idiots guide to how the process is triggered, and where to find the task manager time etc

otherwise an excellent bb system.

your help is appreciated in advance

Allen
Pages: 1 2 3 4