MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: best C++ compiler?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
yeah, right now im in training of C++ Dodgy yeah i wanna make mmorpgs (dont act like you dont want to) let me to get to the point. What is the best compiler i can use? right now im using Microsoft Visual C++, is it good? you have something better? post here what you think the best compiler is
For Windows applications, Visual C++ (or whatever one MS provides) is generally used.

(gcc for other stuff)
You can get one free from Microsoft...the visual basic express edition works well enough.
(2008-07-29, 08:45 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]You can get one free from Microsoft...the visual basic express edition works well enough.
Visual Basic doesn't compile C++. Toungue
But yes, Visual Studio Express is free last time I checked.
Yeah..the whole studio thing. I have it installed and play with it sometimes.
Also if you are a student at a college in the countries listed you can get Visual Studio 2005/2008 Professional among other freebies through Microsoft Dreamspark.

Great deal if I must say, I am getting Visual Studio through these for development purposes.

I would say Visual Studio is the best IDE environment out there. One thing I don't like is applications made with Visual Studio can't be compiled with other compilers because of missing libraries. That is if your project uses Visual Studio specific libraries.
borland C++ or Dev C++

both are good options
borland was actually the first compiler i had and i hated it and it gave me too many errors but Dev C++ seems nice, im gonna give that a go
in effect, borland gives so much errors and someones are undefined and i never find wich was the error :/ dev C++ is very good i recomended, but how you said, borland is the first option ever xD

salutes!!!
I use MSVC8 and MSVC9. (Those would be the C/C++ compilers that come with Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 respectively) and GCC for any Linux compiling.
Pages: 1 2