MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Two problems - One Meta Tags, Second: Registration & Log out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI! Everyone, i am new to this type of bulletin board in away,

Anyways i need help!
I want to add my meta tags but do not know which file i have to put it in, any suggestions?

- Another problem when I log out it says """You have successfully been logged out, you will now be taken back to the forum index."" but i am still on there.........

HELLLLLLLP
Meta Tags: Admin CP > Templates > Modify/Delete > *template set expand* > headerinclude

Logout: Clear you cookies and cache. Set a cookie domain and path in the Admin CP, then login in and out again. See if it works then.

URL: http://www.mysite.com/forum/
Cookie Domain: .mysite.com
Cookie Path: / or /forum/
Hi
Another question about Meta Tags ... if the headerinclude template is stored in the database .. how would a search engine spider find find them?

Could I just stick em in the Index.php? .. sorry .. I'll just go and try it! .. but I'd still like to know about the Meta tags in templates stored in databases.

Thanx

Cool
the meta tags are stored in a template in the db and outputted at the top of all pages via global.php. They do work!
I was just wondering how they work. I know they are outputted to files when they are called .. but the rest of the time they are in the database .. how do the spiders find them? Don't they have to be in an actual physical html or php file on the server to be "spidered"?

Wink
I dont know how they do it, but I would think they download the page or read from the source once everything is loaded/parsed. That would mean meta tags would be there and readable.
Spiders load the page the same way that you visit your own website. It's just that instead of displaying your website, they eat the information, and process it into keywords or whatever algorithms they have. But when the spiders reach the page, it is loaded the same way for you as it is for the spider, so in essence, the spider gets the same data your browser gets.