MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ask About SEO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How to optimize mybb SEO? i tried using mybb Seo,
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/mybb-seo

after activated this plugin, my forum getting weird, blank page if i type the forum address in browser, after i deactivated this plugin, the problem solved but mybb link not easy to read by google. Anybody can help what the problem? And anybody can give any tips about optimize MyBB SEO? My forum always bottom list in google search result Sad

thank you so much
regards..
You can wait a little while for 1.4 as it has built in SEO.
when???

cool!!
but, si 1.4 support with my theme.. i using custom template
Umm it will try it's best to update it to 1.4 when your run the upgrate script. But you may have to make some manual template edits by using the comparison tool that comes with it.

Or you can find the SEO thread in the mod section you'll probably get better support there. Or it may already have happened to someone so there may even be a fix already too.
many thx, bro..
regards..
After using SEO plugin, don't forget to add sitemap and submit site to Google Webmaster Tools
(2008-07-30, 03:05 AM)www.kikil.org Wrote: [ -> ]after activated this plugin, my forum getting weird, blank page if i type the forum address in browser
That's most likely because your host doesn't support .htaccess or doesn't have mod_rewrite.

(2008-07-30, 03:05 AM)www.kikil.org Wrote: [ -> ]but mybb link not easy to read by google.
I'd like to mention that there have been no real evidence that having glorified URLs increases page rankings (especially Google).
(2008-07-30, 03:05 AM)www.kikil.org Wrote: [ -> ]And anybody can give any tips about optimize MyBB SEO? My forum always bottom list in google search result Sad
Inbound links, content etc.
"Artificial" measures won't help much.
Following on from what ZiNgA BuRgA said;

I don't know of any search engine that actively rewards you for using human readable URLs so in that case there is no probable reason for letting it worry you... That is unless you want people to be able to type in your URL's but even then SEO doesn't make simple URLS... It just converts them to words and symbols. And professional SEO is pretty much a huge scam in my opinion anyway Toungue ...It's so easy to do yourself. And lets not forget Google is a huge spam playground these days with everyone trying to game it.