MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB with OpenX?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone here used OpenX as an ad server with their MyBB forum? I'm currently looking into something that will help me develop more ad revenue. OpenX looks like a great option but it also seems pretty complex and I'm having trouble getting everything set up for my site.
Any pointers? Are there other, easier to use, ad servers out there?

Thanks
no one uses an ad server on their site?
I have openx and used it in it's previous incarnations. It's a complex software and imho wouldn't be a good to just integrate as a mybb add-on. There is no reason you can't use it's exported code though with current plugins.

Do you want to sell and rotate ads? Or do you just want to run adsense and have the reporting of openx?
i want to run a combination of both ads i sell and adsense ads.
i've got everything added but it doesn't rotate ads very evenly...
I use OpenX and make the ad calls for the supported users in the Global.php file. Those get loaded into template variables that I have added to the templates in the appropriate locations.

That was the easiest way for me. I run static ads, rotating (with adsense mixed in) and thrid party ads no trouble
im really lost at this point. the help documentation is worthless and the support forums at openx.org are terrible. ive got a zone added and ive linked 3 banners to it. one banner doesnt even show up on the probability page and the other two are like 90% and 10% -- not even distribution.
i would like to be able to do what paveman is doing and run ads from other companies, run my own ads, and run adsense...all evenly rotated.
Quote:im really lost at this point. the help documentation is worthless and the support forums at openx.org are terrible.

Yes that's openx for you. You will just have to learn and fight your way through the program.
I use OpenX on my site, www.maroonlife.com. I love it! After you upload your banners to OpenX or add them from html, you copy the zone invocation code (I use the Javascript tag) and paste it wherever you want it to show up. It is really not that hard once you get used to it, and it gives you total control over your ads.