MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Unable to edit template?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i dont know if this is a bug or not but i cant highlight or write anything, well basically i cant edit any template in the admin CP, it shows the letters gray
Hi Jaze,

Can you please let us know which web browser (and the version of it) that you're using as well as if you can see if there are any Javascript errors on the page?
Hit the insert button on your keyboard... Its happened to me a couple times and hitting that or restarting has solved the problem.
This can be reproduced by turning off Javascript in firefox. For some reason the field is disabled.
Ok, so I figured it out.

Firefox is leaking the "disabled" variable (not killing it) for textarea's. Codepress by default disables the text area when javascript is enabled when it loads. So therefore, if you go turn off Javascript and refresh the page, the textarea will still act as enabled.

Ideally we would just report this to Mozilla and have them fix it, but that's not ideal for fixing the bug sooner versus later. The workaround requires us simply changing back the field to enabled after it's loaded so it doesn't leak "disabled" instead. I'll have to confirm this with Chris though before I can put it in.
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.
thanks