MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: help documents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have translated the files of the help documents , front-end the documents I see them correctly translated while in administration, if I try to manage them, I see them only in English.
(2008-07-31, 01:20 PM)makpaolo Wrote: [ -> ]I have translated the files of the help documents , front-end the documents I see them correctly translated while in administration, if I try to manage them, I see them only in English.

i can confirm this ...
Front-End : reads out of Language Files;
Back-End : reads from the DB;

I don't see any problems with it; you translated the front-end; that overwrites the 'English' version ...
(2008-07-31, 01:46 PM)LeX- Wrote: [ -> ]Front-End : reads out of Language Files;

I don't see any problems with it; you translated the front-end; that overwrites the 'English' version ...

Yes, but when I need edit this documents?

I believe that or they are used and they modify the administration files or only the DB is used...
possible additions to the default documents result complicated.

If in administration I modify something, the system rewrite also the translated files...
(2008-07-31, 02:10 PM)makpaolo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-07-31, 01:46 PM)LeX- Wrote: [ -> ]Front-End : reads out of Language Files;

Yes, but when I need edit this documents?

Language Manager ?
ok, but need re-translat the whole document, don't seem me an usable solution, many users not know or know few the English

EDIT
I have made other tests.
If I modify then a help document from the admin CP in the front-end I see the modified document (but in English).
If I check from the languages manager the file is not modified.
LeX is correct, the backend reads from the db, and the front end will override the db if the language changes exist. This is simply how it works.
(2008-07-31, 03:01 PM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]LeX is correct, the backend reads from the db, and the front end will override the db if the language changes exist. This is simply how it works.

Ok, but when a user need editing a help documents?
Is possible use a languages manager but in this case the admin function it is not more necessary for me