MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: spicefuse shout box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
it stopped working, it just says loading.
ive used it for about a month now and had not trouble.
Did you or your host change anything? Have you tried clearing your cache? I mean most things don't just break (But it has happened to me so I won't call you liar Toungue).
no i didn't change host
A number of possibilities:
- is your site hosted across multiple subdomains/domains? (note, www.example.com and example.com are different subdomains)
- do you have any shouts in the shoutbox? (I'm guessing you do)
- any Javascript errors?
It'd be better to provide a link to your forum so that any javascript error could be identified.
On one of my test boards (1.4) I get the same 'Loading' issue, and it seems that it's an Ajax not defined error in the shoutbox.js file.
new ajax('xmlhttp.php?action=show_shouts&last_id='+ShoutBox.lastID, {method: 'get', onComplete: function(request) { ShoutBox.shoutsLoaded(request); } });

Am going to check what steps I've not done, but hope this helps trouble shoot a little.

I have included the code
<script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/shoutbox.js?ver=121"></script>
in headerinclude.
And

<sf_shoutbox>

in the index template, below:
{$header}

Did you add this?
Yes. Otherwise it wouldn't be showing up on the main index page Smile
This happened to me, just disable the plugin, go into PHPmyadmin and delete the shouts table, then reactivate the plugin. You will lose past shouts but it will work fine again (for a while!)
(2008-08-06, 12:35 PM)flick Wrote: [ -> ]On one of my test boards (1.4) I get the same 'Loading' issue, and it seems that it's an Ajax not defined error in the shoutbox.js file.
new ajax('xmlhttp.php?action=show_shouts&last_id='+ShoutBox.lastID, {method: 'get', onComplete: function(request) { ShoutBox.shoutsLoaded(request); } });
That looks like a MyBB 1.2 issue. IIRC, plugin has been updated for MyBB 1.4 - are you using the 1.4 version?
Pages: 1 2