MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHP Speedy with MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone ever heard or use PHP Speedy? I accidentaly found PHP Speedy on Google when I was searching for web speed optimization.
http://aciddrop.com/php-speedy/
It can help PHP sites run faster.

So I decided to use it and I put the speed codes at index.php. Anything else in MyBB except index.php that can be speed up by the code? If there is, please suggest me what to speed up, thanks.
fewer http requests decrease CPU usage for sure
I always try to modify my templates with CSS to get this lower and less "img" tags in templates...

I think you must just search to a showthread.php optimization. Is the most "CPU usage killer" in my Media temple account (is called "GPU usage")

About php speedy - I´ve found a lot of posts in wordpress blogs and joomla sites about a plugin wich use it, but none in Forum Scripts like phpbb and smf... if you reach to an efficient installation in mybb please share this as a tutorial or plugin Smile
OK, I'll do it, thanks for the tips. I don't know whether it is working with MyBB or not, but I'll try and report back here Smile
That would be a neat thing to implement. Big Grin
It could be put in a 1.4 upgrade.
I took a look at this, and I'm quite sceptical on their claimed speed improvements.
Firstly, use mod_deflate for GZipping .js/.css files. Most browsers will use keep-alive connections to transfer multiple files, and most of the time (at least for MyBB), this is a one time thing, so the impact is going to be minimal.

Having said that, "compressing" (not deflating; ie removing whitespace) JS/CSS files and combining them can reduce times _slightly_.
(2008-08-02, 01:00 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]I took a look at this, and I'm quite sceptical on their claimed speed improvements.
Firstly, use mod_deflate for GZipping .js/.css files. Most browsers will use keep-alive connections to transfer multiple files, and most of the time (at least for MyBB), this is a one time thing, so the impact is going to be minimal.

Having said that, "compressing" (not deflating; ie removing whitespace) JS/CSS files and combining them can reduce times _slightly_.

Well, not only you being sceptical. I do, at the first time, but seems like they offering a nice promise. I've tried it, and get slightly, can say almost no improvement, but still worth it, yes it is better than MyBB's GZIP compression at level 9!
php speedy getting problem for my board. my browser tell me that illegal compressor for this site. I think it's cool.. like YSlow for vbulletin
Oh, you must disable GZip from MyBB's setting, because I think PHP Speedy's and MyBB's compression can't be enabled together.