MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Converting themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How i can convert phpbb or ipb themes to mybb 1.2 or 1.4 themes?

thx in advance..
Brain power.
You need to, basically, recode them and remake the images so as not to infringe on copyrights. It is necessary to ask the author(s) as well.
(2008-08-02, 12:44 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]Brian power.

who is brian and what sort of power does he have, tia

(2008-08-03, 12:13 AM)Tamer Brad Wrote: [ -> ]

who is brian and what sort of power does he have, tia

LOL.
there isn't any way to convert themes. MyBB and phpBB or IPB all have different theme architecture.

You would need the theme creator's permission, which you aren't likely to get because many theme authors don't want their theme being released on a "competitor's" software.

Or, you could post a request on this or another theme community board and someone might take your request for you.

Or third, you could try and learn themeing yourself and try to re-make the theme for MyBB, unfortunately you will also have to change the looks a bit so it doesn't look like a direct copy of the original theme.

And finally, and completely off topic, I didn't know they installed 1.4 on THIS board or I would have posted more! The smileys are sooo cool!!! SmileWinkBig Grin
Converting themes is kind of a hit or miss process, and the success depends very heavily on your abilities as a converter and the the theme itself. I successfully converted N.Design for phpBB, but it took a lot of effort to make a comparable theme that still felt like MyBB.

My steps were:
  • Learn XHTML + CSS
  • Contact origanal theme developer
  • Learn basics of MyBB theme+template system
  • Splice images to fit, make new buttons
  • Insert images/edit CSS to match theme
  • Make my own refinements (why just copy when you can innovate?)
Ok thx all you guys..
i will try to do the theme =]