MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MASSIVE FORUM ERROR!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok, i've just come back from a 4 day trip, and my forum is completely torn itself to pieces!

nothing makes sense, it was fine until today according to my users and then it kept coming up with errors!

like this one in the admin panel:

mySQL error: 1054
Unknown column 'dateline' in 'where clause'
Query: SELECT COUNT(*) AS newposts FROM mybb_posts WHERE dateline>'1124823071'

can anyone help? do u need more info?

wot do i do to fix it???

please respond quickly!
Hmm. Go into phpmyadmin and select your mybb database.

Go to the "mybb_posts" table and check if "dateline" exists.
no it doesn't, and i have no idea how tht happened!

wot can i do?
While in "mybb_posts"
Look for "Add [1 ] field(s).

Check the radio button for "after" and select "username" in the drop down box then click "go"

On the next page..

Field: dateline
Type: bigint
Length/Values: 30

Now save it.
Hmm, either your host had problems, or you havn't patched MyBB recently and it was hacked. MyBB doesn't have any code in it that would delete a table!
ok, i fixed that but now the posts have no datelines and so they are all scrambled up! how do i fix it???????????????????
you can't. Unless you have a backup, all post prior to just fixing it will have to be wipped. You can insert fake dates, but I see no point in that. Sorry.
won't the next message have the correct date though?
yes, hence the reason why I said
Quote:all posts prior to just fixing it will have to be wipped.
ie. any post before you readded dateline are stuffed and need to be removed, all posts after are fine, no need to do anything to them.
well im not going to remove over 3000 posts, and my sql backup won't work for some reason.

just wondering, but would making the words "and" and "it" banned do anything llike this? i say this because one of my admin (now deleted) did this as a joke but then changed it back
Pages: 1 2